Start-up within Large Media Company
SDE II (Software Development Engineer II)
Digital Paid Products - Services
We are seeking talented, innovative engineers to join our team in Seattle, WA. In this role, you will be contributing across a suite of new and existing consumer products, including the flagship Family Organizer. Our engineers are focused on creating a platform that can run multiple mobile applications to solve our enterprise’s mobile needs at scale. Our solutions help our customers solve their problems, and also have an eye on building sustainable systems that can be maintained for many years. Our engineers take the long view and advocate for building software the right way. We believe that a great engineer is flexible, and we are looking for people that are passionate about learning new technologies.
● Create new functionality and modify existing functionality on the platform
● Own production services, investigate and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies
● Make engineering decisions that will help pave the way for future products
● Participate in code reviews, pairing, architectural reviews, and day to day discussions
● Work with other teams across the organization to share and establish best practices.
● Provide thorough and readable documentation
● Enforce code quality to produce high quality, complex services under tight timelines
● Work with your team to write stories, groom the backlog, and direct the course for our products
● Collaborate closely with your fellow engineers during development and testing
● Help us build great new products
Successful applicants must have
● BS in Computer Science or relevant industry experience.
● 3-5+ years of professional software development experience, preferably on service teams
● 3+ years professional backend engineering experience (Python, Java, Node.js, etc.)
● 2+ years building applications deployed on AWS or another Cloud Service (Azure/GCP)
● 3+ years developing complex and highly available services running in a production environment
● Demonstrated deep understanding of REST, service architecture, monitoring, and the tenants of
● Extensive knowledge of object oriented and functional software design patterns.
● Experience leveraging continuous integration and codified infrastructure
● Ability to inherit legacy production services and maintain them
● Ability to translate user stories into technical tasks
● Ability to estimate effort effectively
● Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills