Top IoT Start-up
New York, NY
Lead Software Engineer (SRE)
This is a development role first, and an operations/SRE role second.
Our Site Reliability Engineering team is being built from the ground up. This team will cover all aspects of our SRE strategy and development including: reliability, scalability, operational tooling, automating workflows, architecture & design reviews, investigating system failures, & more. This senior engineer will help build and run the future of our large-scale distributed system. We are firm believers of bringing in smart people that can define the roles for themselves, so come join us and start creating greatness.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. We are the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Bachelor’s degree required (BA or BS); Computer Science or a related technical field preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Senior or Lead Engineer
- Expert level Java (preferred), Python, Go, or .NET.
- Experience with Kubernetes and other container orchestration technologies
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog or New Relic.
- Experience with configuration management for a CI/CD environment (preferred).
- Experience mentoring and managing junior engineers.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- We work with AWS, Cloudformation, Docker, Fargate, CodeDeploy, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, Bitrise, Java, Python.
- Design and implement infrastructure & systems that balance scalability, reliability, and performance with security and operational quality.
- Devise tools and processes for build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Evangelize a DevOps culture of automation, self-service, and engineering best practices to enable development teams to go from development to production with minimum effort.
- Own the Latch platform’s SLAs, SLOs, and SLIs.
- Serve as subject matter expert in observability and monitoring.
- Participate in on-call rotations and conduct post-mortems of production infrastructure failures.
- Work closely with other development, product, and customer service groups to triage and mitigate field issues.
- Stay current with technology trends and developments in the industry.
Founded in 2014, we are a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.