DevOps Engineer (Mid to Senior Level)
Blockchain / Social Media Start-up
Brooklyn, NY – Remote until COVID is under control.
Start-up recently landed $150M in funding, and has grown their team from 12 to 55+ over in 2020.
We are on a mission to take social media back from big tech. Our product is the first social media platform that empowers communities to self-govern, champions realness and respects user data.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer who will work alongside development, design, UX, automation and operations in order to identify and eliminate constraints in the product life cycle.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving, well-funded startup with big ambitions. In addition to doing ground breaking work, this role will be pivotal in establishing a culture of openness, positive communication, and continuous learning. We are looking for the best and brightest to take our platform to the next level. Are you that person? Let’s talk.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of strong leadership with high team engagement, a history of leading large initiatives through collaboration, and a passion for architecting with integrity.
• Facilitate collaboration, sharing, trust and cross-pollination of skills with other engineers, product owners, designers, and business units in order to overcome challenges, increase product quality, and optimize workflows.
• Develop solutions encompassing technology, process and people.
• Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging processes,
techniques and tooling.
• Work closely with UX, design, development, automation and operations teams to
ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scalability,
performance and operability in mind.
• Effectively manage and assign projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
• Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and
solving issues before they launch.
• Stay current with industry trends and knowledge, always looking for ways to help
• Deploy updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
• Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other
processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Kubernetes Experience is required for this role.
• 3-5+ years of experience in DevOps, SRE, Software Development or an equivalent field.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related.
• A history of collaboration with development, operations, UX, design and business units
within an organization.
• Experience working with Google Cloud Platform.
• Experience working with CI/CD tools and pipelines such as Buildkite, TravisCI, Concourse
CI, Jenkins or equivalent.
• Experience working with Docker and Docker orchestration tools such as Docker
Compose and Kubernetes.
• Knowledge of version control software, git and Github preferred.
• Proficiency with Linux.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Technologies we currently use
• Node.js + Express
• Veertu Anka
• Amazon Web Services
• Google Cloud Platform
Base Salary - $130k - $180k (dependent on experience).
Equity value offered will be 80% of your base salary. Vesting period of 4 years (25% vesting every year). Equity is good for 10 years (you don’t have to sell it after 4 years).
Relocation expenses provided for candidates who need to relocate.
Health - 100% of Health/Dental/Vision premium covered for the candidate and his/her family as well (Aetna)! 401k (not matching as of yet, but will offer matching when we hit 75-100 employees later this year.
Brand new 2020 Macbook Pro provided to all tech hires.
We cannot hire H1B or F1/OPT visa holders right now. We can only interview US Citizens, Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders), or those with an EAD.