Senior Software Engineer (Blockchain)
Top 5 SmartContract/Blockchain Project
Note - The job requirements (below) for this particular role are non-negotiable. In order to qualify for this role, you must have professional experience with Golang, Solidity, Rust, TypeScript, Docker, & Postgres. Please do not apply if you do not have all (or at least 5/6) of these.
About the Company
We've been hired to help build out the Engineering & Product teams @ one of the World's fastest growing Decentralized Blockchain start-ups.
This project/start-up in particular, is seen as one of the most important players in the Blockchain/Cryptocurrency space right now.
Unlike most Cryptocurrencies, they are not necessarily competing with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other Blockchains. Instead, they are offering an 'on-ramp' to all of these Cryptocurrencies & SmartContracts, allowing them to bring real-world data on to their blockchain(s) in a secure, decentralized fashion.
Leveraging this company's product, CryptoCurrencies/SmartContracts like BTC & ETH, can grow even more quickly, and have real-world implications & uses.
About this Role
As a senior software engineer, you’ll collaborate with the company’s CTO, CEO, and an experienced team of senior engineers. You'll also be working with distributed systems computing experts, and security experts, who are all committed to building world-changing decentralized infrastructure.
You’ll develop and build highly scalable, secure, and reliable software that will change the way smart contracts work, at a fundamental level. You’ll be able to learn and master the latest research around distributed systems, cryptography, blockchains, consensus algorithms, and decentralized applications. You will be given a high level of autonomy (ownership) over your work, and the opportunity to help build out the decentralized infrastructure of the future. We are a fully distributed team and have the tools to support you in any remote work environment.
The Impact You'll Have
- Designing, Developing, and implementing new features, such as trust minimized off-chain computation, staking, aggregation (of external data in various blockchain environments), etc.
- Thinking outside of the box--specifically about attack vectors, possible failures, and disaster scenarios. Then modeling them in reproduced test environments, and developing bug fixes.
- Managing the architectural vision for new sub-systems in the core node.
- Implementing resilient distributed systems, as to achieve extremely high reliability. This will be done in a mixture of different blockchain environments
Who You Are (Requirements)
- Must Have - 4-5+ years of professional software development experience
- Must Have - Professional experience with Golang, Solidity, Rust, Typescript, Docker, and Postgres
- Must Be - Excited about Blockchain, Web 3.0, and Decentralized Technologies
- Advanced Experience with AWS (GCP/Azure is acceptable as well)
- Preferred (but not required) - B.S. or higher in computer science, software engineering or related technical field
- Experience with test-driven development and the use of testing frameworks
- Experience developing complex web applications/services and backend APIs
- Knowledge of systems design concepts
- Experience with distributed systems and/or container orchestration
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- Must be comfortable with both Pair Programming & Take Home Projects
- Must be comfortable & effective working remotely in a distributed team
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Rust, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
Location - Remote
This role is location-agnostic, and we employ engineers worldwide.
However, you must be authorized to work in the country you reside, without need for visa sponsorship. We do NOT sponsor/transfer visas for this particular role.
We are still in 'salary-discovery' mode. Meaning, we are still determining the right salary range. Because our team is located throughout the world, we cannot give specifics on salary, since it will depend on the candidate's location. With that said, we plan to be extremely competitive with the rest of the market.