Director of Business Development & Recruiting
New York, NY or Remote
Seed Recruiting (also known as .seed), was launched in 2015. We are a small team that’s focused on bringing a different client & candidate experience to the staffing & recruitment marketplace.
We are mainly focused on working with
And we mainly help them hire...
- Technology Start-ups (Series A or later)
- Blockchain / Cryptocurrency Start-ups & Organizations
- Capital Markets - Hedge Funds & Engineering-centric Banks
- Larger Technology Organizations who have a large focus on Engineering
- Software Engineers & Engineering Leaders
- Data Scientists, AI/Machine Learning Engineers, and Data Leaders
- Product Managers & Product Leaders
As the Director of Business Development & Recruiting
@ .seed, you are The Rainmaker
. From Day 1, you'd be tasked with bringing on new business (clients) & expanding our existing business relationships. And while bringing on new business would be 80% of your job, you'd still be hands-on in the day to day operations & communications with these clients, indefinitely. This means that you must also understand the nuances of recruiting, software engineering, and relationship building.
This job is:
80% Business Development, Sales, & Relationship Building
20% Account Management & Recruiting (when need be)
Your Major Responsibilities
Who You Are
- Outreach to prospective clients (utilizing the tools we give you & possibly your own)
- Onboarding & Understanding the client & the job(s) the team will be working on
- Leading Meetings to Disseminate your findings to .seed's recruiting team & our partners
- Overseeing your client's & .seed's recruitment process 'from a distance' while being 'hands-on' when specific changes are needed.
- Rekindling relationships with previous clients we have worked with in the past
- Expanding relationships with .seed's current clients
- Building long lasting relationships with all of our clients, insuring them that we have their best interests in mind
Compensation & Benefits
- You have 7-10+ Years of Experience in Sales, Recruiting, or Business Development.
- You are a Sales / Biz Dev / Account Management / Recruiting Polygot. You're knowledgeable about all of these roles, and you're able to pivot from one to the other on a daily basis.
- You're a people person. You have no problem interacting with all types of individuals, and can switch gears when need be.
- You understand Technology Recruiting at a moderately high level (You don't have to be a coder, but you should understanding what coding is!).
- You're familiar with the Sales & Marketing tools that work most efficiently in the staffing industry.
- You’re adept with using recruiting tools such as Linkedin Recruiter, Angelist, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and other outreach/recruiting tools.
- You’re passionate and/or interested in the technology & software engineering field.
- Bonus - You have experience recruiting in the Software Engineering world.
These details will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
However, there will be a Base Salary component & a very aggressive
Benefits are TBD since we are a small company, but we will figure out a way to make sure yourself (and your family) get Health Benefits.
Base Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Commission Expectations: $125,000 - $225,000+
Equity: Available only after a certain period of time
Please apply if you'd like to learn more.
Why We’re Different
The #1 question that companies typically ask a staffing company is, “Why are you different from all the other staffing and recruitment companies out there?”
Our answer to that question is quite simple--we don’t see clients as numbers or job requisitions. If you’ve worked at a large recruiting organization, you’ve been privy to seeing their ‘open job req sheets’. Typically these sheets will have hundreds of open jobs on them, and 30-50 clients they are working with.
In reality, the staffing company may only have 1 or 2 people working on each client, while working on 10-15 other clients simultaneously.
When .seed brings on a new client, it’s a big deal. We roll out the red carpet, so to speak. This is because we only have 5-8 clients we work with at any given time. Our clients are not just a number--we do our best to get to know them inside and out, forming a long-term relationship with them, and growing alongside with them.
Clients we work/have worked with in the past:
VICE Media/VICE News
+ many others